Despite flattening inflation, more than 90% of US consumers remain concerned about high food and beverage costs.
They are making more trips for fewer items, resulting in more divided market share. With the proliferation of fresh foods available at so many outlets, this fragmented marketplace has especially hit the meat, deli, bakery, seafood, and produce departments. In this climate, manufacturers and retailers need to think like the shopper and understand their highest-priority needs.
In this webinar, Circana and FMI dive deep into the mindsets of consumers to unlock the best opportunities to meet their fresh-food needs. This one-hour session will explore:
- The latest sales and shopper behavior in total food and beverage, especially fresh foods.
- How today’s fresh foods performance trends are truly rooted in shopper needs and wants — and how to position the industry for maximum relevance and growth in response.
- A deep look into the three major mindsets that drive shoppers to fresh foods: Essentials, escapes, and convenience — and why considering each for your store and food products is critical for future success.
- Jonna Parker, Principal, Fresh Center of Excellence, Circana
- Sally Lyons Wyatt, Executive Vice President and Practice Leader, Client Insights, Circana
- Rick Stein, Vice President, Fresh Foods, FMI